What the hell is a “telescopic pixel”?

July 21, 2008

Vista busy cursor Someone has demonstrated some new flat panel display technology, called “Telescopic Pixel”. ArsTechnica has the story but it is suffering from the Digg effect so the site is effectively under a DDoS attack.

All I have to go on is this.

Not sure why this has suddenly become big news, given that the blogpost above dates back to March 2007. Telescopic Pixels are supposed to be tiny, but currently huge on Twitter.

I have no doubt this is ground-breaking technology, but I’m not looking forward to having to carry the telescope and all that rig around with me everywhere I take my laptop. At least I hope they can make some lightweight folding (er … telescopic?) telescopes.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Follow me on here.


One comment

  1. It’s sort of interesting … covered here.

    Looks like they have a contrast issue to overcome and it stills relies on a backlight, like LCD. Might take a while to challenge plasma at the high end.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: